We will continue to fight until boko haram defeated wounded soldiers vow

Written by on January 11, 2021

Some Nigerian soldiers wounded during encounters with the Boko Haram insurgents in the North East are determined to return to the battlefield until the insurgents are defeated.

The soldiers made the pledge yesterday, when the Chairman, Senate Committee on Army, Ali Ndume, paid a fact-finding visit to the 7 Division Medical Services and Hospital in Maiduguri.

Corporal Abubakar Bukar, who received bullet wounds during an insurgents’ ambush on troops at Damboa Road in December 2020, said he was ready to return to the battlefield to join his colleagues to continue the fight.

Another wounded soldier, Corporal Kolawole Omosheye, who said they were attacked by the insurgents in Tunkushe last month, when he was hit by a stray bullet, also expressed readiness to return to his location after recovery.

Others who recounted their experiences expressed gratitude to God for saving their lives and pledged not to let the labor of their fallen heroes be in vain.

In his remarks, Senator Ndume said the visit was part of efforts to encourage the army personnel who were wounded while fighting in various theatres of operation in the North East.

Condemning recent reports alleging neglect of wounded troops, Ndume said such news could demoralize the troops and asked Nigerians to encourage and support them with all they need to execute the counter-insurgency campaign.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Continue reading

Next post

Monday


Thumbnail

Live Stream

Comfort 95.1 FM, Uyo

Current track
TITLE
ARTIST