Federal Government special delegation tours Seme land border

Written by on November 25, 2019

Federal Government says the inaction by Benin and Niger Republics towards resolving issues that led to the closure of Nigeria’s land borders has left the country with no option of revoking the action.

Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed, who stated this while leading the Federal Government delegation on tour of the Seme land border, said goods worth four billion naira had been seized and two hundred and ninety-six illegal migrants, arrested, in the last two weeks.

Mohammed who was accompanied by the Minister of Interior, Rauf Aregbesola and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, reiterated that national interest must be prioritized.

He noted that the partial closure of the land borders has so far curbed smuggling of foreign rice into Nigeria, in addition to other prohibited items and assured Nigerians that the government is working hard to resolve the crisis promptly.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Live Stream

Comfort 95.1 FM, Uyo

Current track
TITLE
ARTIST