GOVERNOR’S FORUM DISOWN FAYOSE

Written by on December 17, 2017

GOVERNORS

Nigeria Governors’ Forum Chairman AbdulAzeez Yari yesterday ruled Governor Ayodele Fayose of Ekiti State, was out of order over his claim that the One Billion Dollars recently approved for the fight against Boko Haram is a ruse.

The governors, at a meeting of the National Economic Council on Thursday, gave the federal government the green light to withdraw the money from the Excess Crude Account.

Fayose, in a statement at the weekend, said he was not part of the decision and claimed that the request for the money made no sense since the federal government had earlier boasted of defeating the terror sect while alleging that the money would be diverted to President Muhammadu Buhari’s political campaign in 2019.

But responding to Fayose’s allegations yesterday, Yari who is also the governor of Zamfara State said the decision was a collective one by the forum saying Fayose’s absence from the meeting did not clear him or anyone for that matter of responsibility for the forum’s resolutions.

Continuing, the Zamfara governor said the decision was a conscious sign by the two parties to show the synergy between the NGF and the Presidency which ought not to be politicized pointing out that the issue of withdrawal was broadly deliberated at the forum’s meeting on the eve of the NEC meeting where the decision was taken.


Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Live Stream

Comfort 95.1 FM, Uyo

Current track
TITLE
ARTIST

Follow by Email
Facebook
Twitter